In each issue there is a little section called Dog World and it basicly contains doggie news from all over Britain (thought it might be fitting as well with what the new royal baby and all).
1. This is probably the one that me and Mom found the coolest, the Eurotunnel terminal in Folkestone celebrated its one millionth pet customer since it has been running since 2000. The dog, a 13 year old Jack Russell, Lady and her owners got FREE TRAVEL FOR LIFE! That is barking mad.
2. This one is out of the UK but still pretty pawsome: a corgi had been ringing a bell by pulling a rope. The Corgi is 6 and named Mash and has been carrying out his duties for 5 years in a Buddhist temple in Hiroshima, Japan.
3. The Manchester Pet Show will be happening on 7th and 8th September and the Norfolk All About Dogs Show will be on August 25th and 26th. Shame Mom and I can't go...
4. Did you know that walking or driving with dogs in public is to be banned in Iran as dogs are seen as unclean. (Outrage!)
5. Springer Spaniel owners are being encouraged to fill out a survey to find out about the general picture of the health and character of the breed. All that have the breed: http://www.englishspringerhealth.org.uk/
6.A curious 8 month old Cocker Spaniel puppy, Lexi managed to get her head stuck in a wall after smelling something good (probably sausage, me thinks!) and poked her nose followed by her head. In the end a fire crew had to be called.
7. A Spanish German Shepherd, Ajax, was awarded the PDSA Gold Medal for detecting a bomb planted by terrorist saving lives. He has joined the 22 other animals that have been awarded since 2001.
Hope you enjoyed this post,
Licks and Wags,