Monday 29 July 2013

What's in a name?

Hey pups! During a long snuggle session with Mommy yesterday, I began to wonder about all the different names she calls me. Not in the negative sense of course but in the sweet and endearing kind of way. Some of the names have clear relevance to my actual name or my character but some are just plain silly- just like Mom is sometimes. So without further ado I have divided my many, many names into two lists; nicknames and versions of my name:

My Nicknames:


  • Crazy Top- Most of you could probably tell from the spazzy attack I had after a pine cone was taken off me on Thursday, that even I must admit I have earned this nickname. It comes from a book Mom read when she was younger and it stuck in her head, not making an appearance until I entered her life.


  • Buddy/Budster- This name is most commonly used during play or a walk and it is used whenever I do something cute or funny. Also, when I do something that underlines the bond Mom and I have.


  • Budchien- It is a smush of German, French and English (yes, my Mom is weird) thus the French word for dog. There is also supposed to be an umlaut on the 'u' but Blogger wouldn't let me put it in. Ugh!


  • Cutie Pie- Mom and I think this one is pretty self explanatory- I am freaking, darn cute OK?


then there is a couple of ones in Polish:

  • Ci-Ci-Bułka
  • Kochaśka
  • Ńunia


Name Variations:

  • Dinula
  • Dinusia
  • Dincia
  • Dinuluś
That is all of the wild things that Mom calls me that I can think of right now but I will add more if I remember any. What are your crazy nicknames? Or do your pawrents prefer to stick to one name?

Licks and Wags,
Dina

3 comments:

  1. Mollinka would be nice but it is
    get off the flower bed
    get off the clean sheets
    get in the bath
    Molly stop it.......and I can go and on.
    Have a marvellous Monday Dinula.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. We asked grandma about the polish name translations...and bulka is a roll and the other one sounds like a polish cookie to her. The Polish cookie name sounds cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regardless of what your Mom calls you, you know she loves ya bunches!

    Even with a pack of seven, there is only nickname that comes to mind that is used all the time, it's sweets. Maybe without realizing it, it is just easier to have one for all of them!

    ReplyDelete