With this confession and advent beginning and a new year in the Catholic church (yes, I am Catholic...) I would like to make some goals and aims, not only for training although this is a Training Tuesday. To mix it up and not new cliché I'll do it now instead of the New Year. #beingdifferent :D
- Work on grooming, nail clipping, teeth brushing, bathing to make Dina tolerable of all activities and let her enjoy them instead of stress out over them.
- Work on car travelling to make this a more calm and controlled event that is not stressful.
- Try and reduce excessive barking at neighbour dogs, doorbell, postman and other triggers (Kikopup recently uploaded a fantastic video on this issue)
- Achieve loose leash walking and heeling in all situations.
- Achieve a perfect recall from everything and anything.
- Achieve a perfect sit-stay and down-stay.
- Carry on working on tricks. By this time next year I want us to have achieve a Novice Trick Dog title (NTD) with Do More With Your Dog! and be well on our way to getting Intermediate Trick Dog (ITD).
- Improve general handling to allow vet visits to take place smoothly and calmly.
- Improve focus on walks and generally as we are out and about.
- Combat all negative behaviours Dina shows around other dogs, fear or otherwise.
- Achieve great behaviour around people in the street (at the moment she want to sniff everyone).
- Continue expanding our audience here at DTD and continue making friends with the other pet bloggers.
- Expand my knowledge on dog training and the animal behaviour world.
- Keep up great health and fitness in Dina.
- Continue hiking/walking and stretch further in our surrounding area, climbing more and more hills and walking more and more miles of new trails.
That is all for now, I think. This list will be going on my Training page and I'll be adding any more if I come up with them on there. I will try to achieve all these goals but let's be realistic: it might not happen for whatever reason. Hope ya'll support me.