Saturday 17 August 2013

My List of Phobias

Hey pups! I am going to introduce you to a list of things that are not exactly my phobias but I don't like and do run away from. Without further ado:


  • The first and foremost is water. Or rather baths and the pool- every other form of water I am happy with. It is a big bonus if it is smelly water as I get the smelly on me too! Somehow, Mom doesn't see it that way...
  • My other major one is the vacuum cleaner/hoover/whatever else you want to call it. We have a big yellow, noisy and generally horrible one that scares me pretty bad- I run either upstairs or downstairs from it depending on where it is.
  • I'm going to class these two under the same category: cleaning sticks. Mops and brushes move pretty fast and let's face it...I'm a terrier. Naturally, I want to give chase but if they move a millimetre towards me I'm gone a mile.
  • People on walks. I don't mean people we walk past or people that walk  past us. It is just the people that approach to stroke me that I don't like. I give them a sniff and back away- sometimes I will even throw in a bark!
  • When people iron clothes in my house it is never done in silence- I have something against the ironing board that nobuddy understands. If someone is putting it out or closing it up I will bark. Maybe it's the noise or the movement, none of the family know.
  • Some noises, especially deep ones or if someone has a tube to their mouth I flee. It just creeps me out, OK?

Help me!!!
Do you have any quiky fears or habits? Or are you a cool dog that keeps his head in all situations?

Licks and Wags,
Dina

8 comments:

  1. That's quite a list! Luckily, I don't have many fear issues. Only being away from mom!
    Nola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm fine with being left alone- I just curl up somewhere and sleep!

      Delete
  2. Dina we are there with you for the first 3. Baths ....yuck.....vauclar and cleaning implements yuck...yuck...yuck. You are not alone. Have a serene Sunday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you agree- they are just horrible!

      Delete
  3. I used to have a fear of the vac and broom...but mom did some great desensitizing work and hey...I got some nommy treats out of it!

    Mason

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are not scared of the vac. Mom says it would be easier to vacuum if we were but we aren't scared one pinch. We are not scared of fireworks either. Mom exposed us to them when we were little - during our "fear window" so they do not bother us either. BUTT we are scared of skate boards!!!!!!!!!!!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and we LOVE the water!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dina, I totally hear ya with your fear of the cleaning sticks! But in my case, it's the task that goes with holding the cleaning sticks that I am afraid of! ;-)

    ReplyDelete