Tuesday 13 August 2013

Road Safety

Hey pups! I've not been getting enough hikey walks recently and the walks have indeed been roadside ones. Boring! I'm kept on leash and we just plod on and on- nothing exciting ever happens (well, unless a squirrel shows up then it's fun)! If this was not enough Mom insists that I sit before we cross any roads (safety, blah blah, safety), walk on the inside of the road and it's just generally ugh! For the autumn fall, she is thinking of buying me a flashing leash/collar, a high vis vest or some other ridiculous thing.

High Visibility Reflective Dog Jackets
Just ridiculous don't you think?

Image 1
A little more...normal but still!
I've tried to talk this over with Mom but there is no crossing that girl, she wants it, she gets it! If any of you pups think you can change her mind, I beg of you to please try! Are any of you forced into outrageous things in the name of safety- or some other stoopid reason or am I the only one out there? 

Shameful Licks and Wags,
Dina

Pee S. Please help me!!!

13 comments:

  1. Both of my dogs have LED collars that can either be solid or flashing lights. I also have yellow safety vests for them (both for night time walks and for hiking during various hunting seasons). And, of course, a flashing LED leash. I think I need a second LED leash, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are they any good then? and how long do the lights last?

      Delete
  2. Dina, I think your mommy is right... I love the vest & flashing leash. They are very stylish!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stylish? I wouldn't go that far...I'll settle for they're Ok.

      Delete
  3. Dina we have to agree with mum as your safety comes first. Paws crossed for a compromise and that you get to go for some great hikes and thus can ditch the yellow gear. Have a wonderful Wednesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopeful I can ditch the gear in a real and VERY muddy ditch!

      Delete
  4. We take lots of night time walks around here too. We've been wanting to get something for higher visibility. I like the vest! Right now, we have little blinkers that attach to their collars, but I don't think it's really quite enough. Thanks for these ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Let me know what you find, it could come in handy for us too.

      Delete
  5. We just got a vest for Teach yesterday for when hunting season starts in about a month. When we hike in the woods he'll be nice and visible ... but he isn't to thrilled about having to "wear" something!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hunting season?!? Oh gosh, the worst thing we have around here are unwanted cars on bridleways!

      Delete
  6. LOL Poor Dina! I'd say in this case, it's really important you do what mom says. Safety first, always! :)

    Jules of Canines & Couture
    www.caninesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if Canines and COUTURE say I must then perhaps I must!

      Delete
  7. Hi Dina, your mom is just concern of your safety. I am pretty sure that she just wants’ what is best for you. The road can be dark and drivers may not notice you that is why if you have those reflective collars it will keep you visible to them Safety should always be your priority. I hope you'll understand your Mom's concern. -www.tridentsupplyllc.co

    ReplyDelete