Friday 27 September 2013

FitDog Friday: The Mom's Great Plan

Hey pups! Today I continue the tail that begun on yesterday's hike when Mom embarrassed herself and lost my favourite disc (more here). I should probably start off by telling you what the plan was: Mom's plan was to walk the whole route again today. On the way get out the disc with a tool that she would take (wait for it...) and spend some more time in the park then we did before. That is the general jist.

The first part of the plan went smoothly; we got to the Nature Reserve and we found the place where Mom lost the disc. She got out the tool,

A penknife!
and started scratching away at all the brambles and believe me there were a lot of them! Mom told me not to go in after her and I listen for the majority of the time until the end, when I got bored and decided to come and rest on her leg. This made the Disc Rescue mush easier as you can imagine!

How the disc was stuck yesterday

The path of utter destruction Mom left behind

The kind of stuff she battled

(DM: I do love her that much!)

After that it all went smoothly. We got to the park and played loads of fetch with my disc. Mom and I also did some training which went marvellously-as I am a genius- and this spot became one of Mom's favourite training spots.(DM: There is loads of room, there are some distraction but not many, the fellow dog walkers are lovely and it is very pretty! Need I go on?) We worked on basic things like my recall, sit-stays, a bit of down-stay and my new trick 'sit pretty'!





Fetch


There was this 9 month old puppy that rushed up to me. I was very overwhelmed and didn't know what to do but the owner was very good and took him/her away. Thank You!

It was a Tibetan Terrier but it look like a load of brown and white fur to me!



How can you not fall in love with this? (It is even better in person!)

Or this?

Happy FitDog Friday! Have had to launch any emergency missions? Or have you discovered new places?

Licks and Wags,
Dina

fitDogFriday_180x150



4 comments:

  1. Hey Dina, thanks for the hike review, looks like fun! Thanks for joining the Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did your fetch really well and we heard your mom recall you too! Well done Dina! Good thing your mom got your disc back. Could she have reached in there with a leather glove? That must be a sneaky disc!!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leather glove!!! Why didn't I think of that!

      Mom

      Delete
  3. Well done on finding your favourite disc. That was some undergrowth to search through. Have a super Saturday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete