Monday 2 September 2013

Water Baby

Hey pups!  If any of you follow me on Instagram then you should know that we had a big trip today; we went to the beach! Again.  But this time it was way better because it was a sandy beach not a rocky one like in Portsmouth. It's called West Wittering Beach, the sand felt so good under my paws and I thought I could run for ever. When we arrived, the humans ( again Big Guy and Middle Guy came along) dumped the stuff and headed off to the water. At first Middle Guy stayed by the stuff,  Mom was in the water and Big Guy was throwing me the disc. Then Mom came out and walked along with us. Then Middle Guy joined us. We strolled and fetched ( it was mostly me). However,  there is some BIG NEWS! I swam for the first time in my life. Twice. I was a bit unsure for 10 minutes before getting back to my normal self.  We then got back to 'camp' and it all got boring.  The Guys lay down as did Mom. I was still full of energy ( Dina Mom : Don't ask me how!) and couldn't settle. We stayed there for about an hourbefore packing up and heading home. I was calm for most of the ride up we did have a couple bumps along the way.   Mom didn't take the camera, she is so stoopid, so we don't have good shots of water action just of the boring lying down.











Do you like the sea?  Or do you prefer calmer places to swim?

Licks and Wags, 
Dina

10 comments:

  1. What a pretty place! I love the beach, and I love swimming in the ocean!
    Nola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it might be my new passion too! I just need to practise more.

      Delete
  2. I live pretty far away from the ocean, but I've visited it a couple of times. I thought it was great fun! I'm glad you had such a fantastic outing there!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We saw a couple of greyhounds at the beach- they were loving all the room to tear around.

      Delete
  3. We wish we were there with you cuz we LOVES to swim!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have been even better with friends to zoom around with

      Delete
  4. Well done you Dina. Swimming is fun. We don't like getting our ears wet so we prefer a paddle. Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stick my whole head under so not a hair of me is dry!

      Delete
  5. The pack all love the water. Where we live now, we have a creek and are close to the ocean. Hiker seems the most reserved about the ocean but loves to swim in the creek.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a lake nearby that we will be checking out in the near future!

      Delete